© 2003-2017 David K. & Leona L. Gustafson

Dominican Sisters Cemetery
Mifflin Township,
Franklin County, Ohio

According to Volume XI Franklin County, Ohio Cemeteries; Corrections and Addenda, compiled by the Franklin County Genealogical Society, (Columbus 1997), p. 33:

This cemetery is located behind the convent on St. Mary of the Springs College property at Sunbury Road and Airport Drive. The cemetery is in excellent condition. It was established in 1909 where there was a school for girls on the property. The earliest gravestone bears the year 1870. After the Dominican Sisterhood moved from Somerset, Ohio, the remains of the Sisters buried in Somerset were brought to Columbus and were transferred to the cemetery where a monument was erected in their memory. On the plaque were engraved the names, birth and death dates of these Sisters who were among the earliest members.

Aerial Photo of Cemetery,
Spring 2004

NOTICE: These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by any organizations or persons. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the .

This beautiful background came from:

This site is owned & maintained by